Drip Dry ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Drip Dry," 9" x 12", Golden Open acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, portrait of a German Shorthaired Pointer inspired by yesterday's photo session with Deuce (thank you Deuce!!). I am saving this painting for an exhibition, so it is not yet for sale. However, I always welcome inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) - send them directly to me.

First off, I must give thanks to friend and fellow canine artist Stacey Jasmin for titling this one. Earlier today I shared a vague description of the painting on my studio's Facebook page, and while there were some most excellent suggestions, "Drip Dry" seemed the best sort of fit for the piece.

And if you think this is one of my better paintings (I happen to!), that might be due to the huge dose of inspiration I got earliler when I shared a cup of tea and shop talk during a studio visit with children's author/illustrator/general all around great guy Matt Faulkner. Matt has a mammoth painting in process that I was able to view, with passages of sheer brilliance, that wowed and tickled me to no end. I literally got goosebumps, it was that good.

I so love spending time with creatives - whether online or in person - there's a fantastic energy flow that is great to be plugged into.

Wishing you a safe and wonderful weekend. Hard to believe all that's transpired the past few years. I am eternally grateful that my family is safe and together, but I know that is not the case for everyone.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment