Kayla ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly KellY Santini

"Kayla," 6" square, Golden Open acrylics on panel, commissioned (and posthumous) pet portrait of a Chocolate lab, private collection (THANK YOU!). I am waiting on pins and needles to hear back from my client as to whether this IS Kayla's likeness - always the worst and the best part of doing commissions. The worst because the client could come back and ask for major changes, and the best because they also could be doing cartwheels. I always fear the worst, though - artists tend to do that to themselves!!

Over the weekend I put together two other Creative Journalling workshops - a 5 session one for children this fall, and a several week course for adults to take place in January. I'll be opening registration up (and sending out an email announcement) shortly for the children's workshop - let me know if you want to be in that distribution.

As to the adult session, I'm waiting to hear if this fabulous bookmaking artist is willing to start things out with a week of her own, leading us on building a journal and some basic book binding techniques. Once I hear from her, the details will be finalized and shared. Again, want to be in on the loop? shoot me an email and ask nicely!!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year(2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years(2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment