My Roomie, Dottie ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"My Roomie, Dottie," 5" x 7", Golden Open acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, pet portrait of a long haired gray and white kitty.
Dottie was my roommate when I went to Kanab Utah and visited Best Friends Animal Sanctuary last month. Her health was fragile at that point, but her personality remained huge. It filled me with regret that I didn't get to know the younger version of Dottie.
I spent the day at my easel thinking about the antics she would have pulled as Mona - the new kitten - systematically cleared off the top of my taboret and scattered paintbrushes about.
Next week, Thursday evening to be exact, I'll auction off another Best Friends painting, also Dog a Day painting #1000 (via ebay). You may recall "The Sound of Souls" - all the proceeds from this painting inspired by BFAS's Angel's Rest will be donated back to them.
So that kitties like Dottie get the care and love and homes they deserve.
Stay tuned to this newsletter and the Painting a Dog a Day blog for the details on how you can add "The Sound of Souls" to your collection.

Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me. Mention BFAS at the time you book your portrait, and I'll donate 10% of your purchase back to them.

Remember tomorrow is Artist Q&A Day on the blog. Ask any art related questions you wish via the comments section on the Q&A blog entry (which I'll build tonite at midnite) and I'll do my best to answer them all throughout the course of the day.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment