Orange Tabby's Sunbeam ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Orange Tabby's Sunbeam," 5" x 8", Golden Open acrylics on Raymar panel, cat portrait of a buff colored tabby, $299 naked or $369 complete with custom frame. Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

This painting is headed to an exhibition that opens next week at Margot's Gallery in Oxford, Michigan. The inspiration kitty resides in Benson's Way at Best Friend's Animal Sanctuary - if anyone knows his/her name, please email me (this is the orange tabby on the weight loss program in the lobby).

After a couple weeks' hiatus, it felt wonderful today to be back in the studio, painting at my easel, working in a familiar space (that didn't have a red ant infestation like my plein air sites have as of late!). That said, it also was so very wonderful to be able to travel the bulk of August (California and Utah), meeting up with Dog a Day fans and collecting references and inspiration for new paintings.

The kids are back in school, too, which means I have larger uninterrupted blocks of time weekdays to paint. It also means I put on my chauffeur cap in the afternoons - between football, soccer, dance, marching band and three sets of music lessons along with 3 different schools' PTA meeting's/curriculum nites/conferences, life tends to get a little crazy.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is darned good!!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

PS Ebay auctions of my watercolor sketches, all benefitting Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, can be seen here. They end this Thursday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment