Scrappy's World ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Scrappy's World," 8" x 10", Golden Open acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord commissioned pet portrait of a mixed breed, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

Scrappy is part of Schatzi and Coyote's family. He was a two time shelter turn-in, with no real explanations as to why. A true optimist at heart, Scrappy especially savored his first jaunts into his new back yard, stopping to smell the air and soak up sunshine. Who can't relate to that?! (and how could I resist painting such a scene?!)

And now he's set for life. This guy will not be returning to any shelters, unless it is to bring a new family member home.

Speaking of bringing new family members home...... meet Mona Lisa, or Mona for short, my new muse. She hailed from our local shelter and is settling into our household rather nicely.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment