Simon and Sadie ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Simon and Sadie," 9" x 12", Golden Open acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord commissioned pet portrait of two rescued Beagles, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

Simon and Sadie are the latest of a long and happy line of rescues that my clients have welcomed into their family. They are also the most recent portraits I've created for one of my favoritest collectors, a husband and wife who moved into the home of a prior client. After receiving several of my mailings, they contacted me, and the fun began! I've painted multiple times for them and as gifts for family members, but my fondest memory stems from a painting I did of a shelter dog here in my home town.

It was one of the earliest Dog a Day pieces. I painted a beagle portrait inspired by a sweet little one I met at my local shelter. As is my custom, I pledged proceeds from the sale of the beagle's portrait to go back to the shelter. But Simon and Sadie's mom took it one step further - she emailed asking for the tag number of this little dog - they were not in a position to adopt, but wanted to sponsor the little guy until a new home was found.

THIS is why I love my collectors so much. Your generosity of spirit goes beyond inspiring - it is life changing.

And Simon and Sadie are so lucky to have found such a fantastic new family!!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment