Belly Up ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Belly Up," 6" square, commissioned cat portrait done in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, headed to her new home shortly. Inquiries may always come to me.

The story behind this painting is a wonderful one.

Cherie was in a life altering car accident, one that will involve months of healing. Her best friend (my client) thought the process would be a little more pleasant if Cherie could spend some time with her kitty Milla. But pets are not allowed in the hospital or the convalescent/therapy center.

Hence this painting, which will bring a small piece of Milla into places previously inaccessible.

I'm hoping "Belly Up" makes a positive difference in what will be a long recovery.

If you would like to cheer Cherie onwards, please drop me an email and I'll share an address to send cards and notes.

Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim

PSST - I'm still accepting holiday commissions. Email meto get on my calendar!

ANOTHER PSST - Lots of you are asking how the dog and cat are getting along. Finnigan thinks Mona Lisa will go away if he doesn't look at her but he can't help himself. And Mona has gathered up the courage to ambush Finni on a couple occasions. We think they will become great friends eventually.

Artist Q&A Day This Friday
On Friday, October 29th I'll open up the Painting a Dog a Day blog and take all your arts related questions.
There will be a thread started first thing Friday morning. You can submit your questions using the comment option on the blog. As I publish each comment, I'll also answer each question.
This is a great way to start conversations up regarding materials or processes or even just choosing muses.
I look forward to sharing ideas with you this coming Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment