Brutus ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Brutus," 8" square, commissioned Boxer portrait, done in Golden Open Acrylics on a canvas panel. If you recognize this guy, please keep quiet - Brutus's portrait will be a Christmas gift from his family. We don't want to ruin the surprise!

While I painted Brutus, I had an extra kitten appendage. I kid you not.

Mona's gotten rather spoiled, and thinks it is her right to be cradeled in a warm lap or perched on shoulders at her every waking moment.

I'm not complaining - I'm all for a demanding muse that will keep me on my toes. And love that she's a lap magnet when I'm on my butt.

But I'm so not a fan of the literal clawing up my legs if I don't pick her up immediately.

And the batting from said shoulder perch at the paintbrush in my hand - not such a great thing either.

Nor the freefall from said shoulder to taboret, resulting in spillage and a flurry of brushes and palette knives.

Finnigan just lies under the easel and ignores her. I'm guessing he thinks if he stops looking at her, she'll disappear. I'm afraid if I stop looking at her, she'll find a new mess to get herself tangled in.

So meanwhile, I painted with her cradled in the crook of my left arm, keeping paws away from the brush and my body between her and the taboret.

I wonder what Brutus would do with a kitten on his shoulder? Maybe that's why he looks grumpy - he's got a kitten appendage too.

Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim

PSST - I'm still accepting holiday commissions. Email me to get on my calendar!

Keeping Mom & Pop
Shops Alive

Think about which 3 independently owned businesses you'd miss the most if they were gone.

If half the employed U.S. population spent $50 each month in independently owned stores, their purchases would generate $42,629,700,000. That's over $42 billion!

For every $100 spent in an independently owned store, typically $68 of it - over 2/3 !- returns to the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures. On average $100 spent at a national chain results in only $43 - less than 1/2 - remaining in the community.


I strive to keep my business (and personal) expenditures local. So when you support Painting a Dog a Day, you are also supporting Lake Orion, Michigan, a proud small town community packed with independently owned businesses. And you are helping this Mom keep her independence and support her family.


Mona Lisa says "Thank you."

Pick 3. Spend $50. Save your Mom & Pop Shops.

Look - I've even started your list:
1. Painting a Dog a Day
2.
3.

No comments:

Post a Comment