Fluff (Keeshond Study) ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Fluff (Keeshond Study)," 10" x 11", Keeshond dog portrait, completed in Golden Open Acrylics on a Raymar panel, available for $499. Inquiries on "Fluff" or questions about how to commission a portrait of your best friend may come to me.

At a demonstration I gave last week, I was asked what things I concentrated on most. I answered (1) better understanding of lost and found edges and (2) playing with the inherent color in lights and darks.

This painting indulged both. It was one of those afternoons where I was so wrapped in my process that the hours flew past.

I love when a studio day has that sort of magic! Let's keep it going through the week -

Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim




MY REFERENCE 4 FLUFF

Above is the reference photo that I used to inspire today's painting. It was taken at the Mutt Lynch Winery's Dog Days event this past August. (Have you ordered yourRusty wine yet?) I took a series of photos of these two lovey Keeshonds, and plan on painting them again.

I'm always looking for photos of black and white animals - you are welcome to email submissions to me. I'll acknowledge all materials received and you'll get first dibs on any resulting artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment