Three Wide ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Three Wide," 8" x 16", the newest Thoroughbred racehorse painting from the "Saratoga Series," done in Golden Open Acrylics on panel, $649 to the first one saying "pretty please." Inquiries may always come to me.

This painting is nearly finished, after today's approximately 8 hours of alla prima (meaning wet paint into wet paint) work.

There's nothing like a looming deadline to get my butt away from the computer and in front of the easel. There's a deadline of tomorrow to submit a painting with the theme of "History" for publication consideration. I've known about said deadline for a year. But inspiration grows strongest in the final hours......

Not sure why I chose as complex a design as this to complete in one day (anyone else voting for insanity?)....

Regardless, I thoroughly got into it - and stuck to it, despite a good 3 hours of being mired deep in "The Uglies." ("The Uglies" is the developmental stage paintings go through where nothing melds and every brush mark seems wrong - sort of like a painting's version of teen angst. The artist must persevere, hold tight to their vision, and power through.)

Tomorrow I'll spend a little time making a few final adjustments (fresh eyes will help tremendously) before sending my submission off. Then I'll light a candle, cross my fingers, and hold my breath.

And start a new painting.

Meanwhile, who do you think won the race?

Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim

PSST - I'm still accepting holiday commissions. Email meto get on my calendar!

"Rusty" Muttitage Red Wine by Mutt Lynch

Need an excuse to stock up on some excellent wine?

Through Howl-oween (October 31st), Mutt Lynch is offering free UPS Ground shipping on all purchases. Enter "FREE SHIPPING" during checkout to qualify.

This comes just in time to grab a couple bottles for those winter family get togethers. And make sure you grab a few for yourself - "Rusty" pairs just as well with a good book and bunny slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment