Untitled (Whippets) ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Untitled (Whippets)," 9" x 12", two Whippet dog portraits, completed in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, available for $589. Inquiries or questions about how to commission a portrait of your best friend (and their favorite toy) may come to me.

Meanwhile, these two need a title - I'm open to suggestions. I was debating "Teamwork" but want something a bit more clever.

I've been working on this painting for a couple of days, and I may still make some minor changes. But I'm going to let these two sit here in the studio for a bit first. And then I'll send them off to an exhibition or two this winter (unless they find a home first - either way is fine by me!).

When I talk about my process, I always mention that I like to set my references aside and study the painting apart from the photos. I wait for it to tell me what other changes it needs. That's what I'll be doing over the coming weeks.

Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim


SHOP HOMEMADE
This year I'm going for an entirely homemade Christmas. For those few gifts that I can't make, I'm hitting Etsy.
Etsy is a great community of artisans and the perfect spot to find that one-of-a kind gift for that hard-to-shop for person on your list.
I've found sock monkey knitted caps, computer sleeves, vintage teatowels, crafted scarves and all sorts of other treasures.
I bet you could even find pet portraits and animal paintings there..... hmmm, that gives me an idea.....

No comments:

Post a Comment