"Open Up.......," 4" x 6", Golden Open Acrylics on Raymar panel, portrait of a wee Brittany Spaniel pup, $239 to the first taker. Inquiries (including how you may commission something extraordinary for yourself) may always come to me.

This little guy showed up at one of my son's football games this past fall. I loved watching him bounce around and trip over his own feet, then slowly get boneless as his energy wore out. He finally tucked his chin overtop his girl's arms and gave it up.

I'm sorta feeling that way, too. This week was shepherded in by a snowstorm that kept the entire family home for 2 days. I loved having them around, but the activity level was tiring, and I was already running on empty. :)

All are at work/school today, and the quiet house (or is it the purring kitten?) is lulling me to curl up and take a break.

But there's lots to do still - I'm taking another half dozen paintings to the Post Office, for one, and regaling The Princess (my now 10 year old daughter) with a special birthday lunch at her school. Then I have some paintings to deliver and a mess of computer work waiting for me.

And while my holiday commissions are all done, there remains some painting concepts and exhibition pieces that I need to spend time on.

And I've got the winter journalling sessions - both children and adult - to prepare lesson plans for.

But I just might find time to curl up with Mona on my lap and Finnigan warming my toes and have a cuppa something. Tis the season, after all!!

Thanks for looking at, and sharing, my artwork with your friends and family -
Happy holidays -
Kim


Update on Andre


It was an emotional day for Andre's family - I unveiled his sketch, unknowingly just hours after they made the crushing decision to let him go.

He went comfortably, snoring his way across the bridge, surrounded by those who loved him.

Meanwhile, Andre's family asked if they could "trade up" the sketch to a full-blown color portrait. Of course I said yes - who wouldn't want to paint this handsome guy?

Which means that the ink drawing above is now available. I can even get it to you by the holidays if we act quickly.

The drawing is approximately 5" by 8" on artists' board sized approximately 7" x 10". It'll go for $100 to the first one raising their hand (err, sending an email).

Thanks to the returning collector who quickly raised her hand and snagged this piece for herself. :)

Email me for more information.
And keep Andre's family in your thoughts. I know they'll appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment