Andre, In Color ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Andre," 6" x 8", commissioned Boxer portrait, done in Golden Open Acrylics on a Raymar panel, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries regarding booking your own portrait may come to me.

Do you remember Andre from last December? I sketched him (below) unknowingly the same day he crossed the bridge. His family decided they wanted a painted version, and so I was delighted to bring this guy back to my easel this afternoon.

And I'm also thrilled to share that Andre's family adopted a young boxer from their local shelter. Jake has fit in well and still can't believe his luck - he's got his own couch and a brother and sister!

I'm making a donation to my local shelter in honor of Andre. And Jake. Two sweet rescues that got their happily ever afters.

Meanwhile, thanks, as always, for supporting my artwork!
Kim

PS We're in the homestretch here with respect to this month's 10% newly booked commissions. The project has to be booked during this January, but can happen any time during 2011. Shoot me an email if you are interested! I booked 9 new portraits la



Integration

I get asked frequently about how I manage my time, and I think the key concept is integration.

I'm lucky to have my studio in my home. I am able to duck in here and spend time on a few sketches while waiting for dinner to cook. Or I can take the laptop to the kitchen table and redesign my business cards while helping kids with homework.

I'm also very aware of the things I choose NOT to do. It's a Do-Not-Do list. Being mindful of the things I will not do also helps me to stay on track with those tasks that require my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment