Sammy Sumner ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Sammy Sumner," 6" square, commissioned portrait of a much loved and dearly missed Pug, done in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, private collection (THANK YOU!). In appreciation for my getting to paint Sammy, a donation will be made in his name to my local shelter.

Tonight I'm giving a presentation and demonstrating my painting technique at the Anchor Bay Artist's Group monthly meeting in New Baltimore, Michigan. It's always a treat to get to talk shop with a group of like minds, and I am thoroughly looking forward to it. Thankfully, the weather is cooperating as well - one never knows what to expect during Michigan January's!

There are tentative plans for tonight's presentation to be followed up by a one night painting workshop on Monday, January 31st (also in New Baltimore, Michigan). Please let me know if you are interested in attending the workshop and I'll pass your information on to those responsible for coordinating the event.

Ok, off to pack up my supplies! Have a great evening!

Thanks, as always, for supporting my artwork!
Kim

PS You haven't forgotten about the 10% off newly booked commissions, have you ?? the project has to be booked during this January, but can happen any time during 2011. Shoot me an email if you are interested!



Cosmo

Sammy's brother Cosmo is the cover model for my latest book, "Come Sit Stay, Painting a Dog a Day - Year Three." This book (along with it's two siblings) can be ordered directly from Blurb.

Each of the books include an essay outlining one year of the Painting a Dog a Day project, along with a substantial number of full color reproductions of the paintings from that same year.

And there's extras, too, like previously unpublished comments and stories about the work, photos of my studio, and other goodies.

You can preview each of the books, too, prior to ordering.

They make great gifts for animal lovers and artists alike, and are also beautiful donations for fundraisers and the such.

Any questions? By all means, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment