Symmetry ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Symmetry (Buddy)," 8" x 10", portrait of a black lab mix, another addition to my "Black and White" series of paintings. This painting was done in Golden Open acrylics on an Ampersand Geossobord and is quite possibly sold (I'm awaiting confirmation). Nevertheless, inquiries may always come to me.

I met Buddy when I attended the Mutt Lynch Dog Days event last August. It was the best weekend - on top of being feted by Brenda and Chris Lynch (wine makers and hosts' extraordinaire), I had the opportunity to mingle with guests at their winery during a wine tasting par-tay.

And Buddy was there with his little sister Bridget. And I met a mess of other dogs, too, many of whom I have painted or have plans to paint in the coming months.

And mirroring Mutt Lynch's support of the San Francisco SPCA, I will also be donating proceeds from the sales of these paintings back to the SPCA.

But meanwhile, here's Buddy, sitting all proud and proper, looking as handsome as ever.

Thanks, as always, for supporting my artwork!
Kim

PS You haven't forgotten about the 10% off newly booked commissions, have you ?? the project has to be booked during this January, but can happen any time


Breaking the Rules

There's all sorts of unspoken rules in art.

Like you should never center your subject in the middle of your panel.

Or have your focal point (ie subject) be symmetrical.

Or allow that same subject to run off the edges of the painting.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Rules exist for a reason, but sometimes they are also meant to be broken.

Just please don't tell my teenager, k?

No comments:

Post a Comment