Comfortable With His Masculinity (Solomon) ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Comfortable With His Masculinity (Solomon)," 8" square, commissioned portrait of a Samoyed, done in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries may always come to me.

Like it or not, Solomon is following in his big brother Rudy's footprints. Solomon's painting had to also measure up to Rudy's. Ah, the curse of the middle child, eh?

Thanks so very much for following along with my artwork!
Kim

PS Yes, Solomon's painting is part of my ongoing "Black and Whites" series. My goal with these pieces is to demonstrate the wealth of color apparent in objects that are seemingly straightforward.

For example, a white dog.

Solomon isn't really white to my eyes - the pinkness of his skin glows from underneath that crown of fur, and all sorts of beautiful violets and blues can be seen in the shadows.

Feel free to browse through other pieces in the "Black and Whites" series and lose yourself in the varied color. Then look around you - you will be surprised at the density of color in seemingly simple white or black objects.

And if you have a four legged friend (or even a 3 legged - I don't want to discriminate here) that might qualify as a "Black and Whites" muse, please let me know!


Current Exhibitions

The Orion Art Center (Lake Orion, Michigan) has the opening for their All Media Show this coming Thursday evening. I've submitted two pieces from the Painting a Dog a Day project to this juried exhibition.

The Jack Richeson School of Art (Kimberly, Wisconsin) opens their Small Works Exhibition this coming Friday evening. I have one piece in this international exhibition and two paintings in the catalogue.

I received notice that three of my paintings were also juried into this year's 25th AnnualArt Show at the Dog Show (Wichita, Kansas). This exhibition will happen March-April.

And I've also been invited to participate in "The Horse in Art," which will run April-June at the Seippel Homestead and Center for the Arts (Beaver Dam, Wisconsin).

For further exhibition information please visit the link above (titled "Exhibitions").

No comments:

Post a Comment