Here Comes Meatball !! ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Here Comes Meatball!," 5" x 7", commissioned portrait of a mixed breed stinker (Rat Terrier mix?), done in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries may always come to me.

Meatball won the lottery. Not only did he get a great family after being adopted from a local shelter, but he also won Best Dog Name Ever.

What color do you think his underpainting (the very first layer of paint I covered the canvas with) was?

Thanks so very much for following along with my artwork!
Kim

PS Here's another "Black and Whites" painting! My goal with these pieces is to demonstrate the wealth of color apparent in objects that are seemingly straightforward.

Is a black dog really black? you tell me......

And if you have a four legged friend (or even a 3 legged - I don't want to discriminate here) that might qualify as a "Black and Whites" muse, please let me know!


Be My Valentine

Earlier this morning I announced on my Facebook page that I would be painting one special Valentine this coming Monday.

Interested?

Then send 2-3 clear, non-flash photos of your pet to me, using the subject line of "Valentine" (this will help my email to filter all the entries straight into the appropriate folder). All entries must be received by midnight EST on Saturday, February 12th.

You can submit more than one pet, but please do them in separate emails.

I'll peruse the photos Sunday afternoon and choose the one who sings to me the loudest.

Said crooner will then star as Monday's Dog a Day painting.

And you'll be signing "Hallelujah's", too, because once it's dry, I'll ship the painting off your way!

Happy Valentines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment