Itch (A Gratitude Painting) ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Itch," 8" x 8", portrait of a black and white mixed breed puppy, done in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord. This piece is part of my Gratitude Project, and as such, proceeds from it's sale will support Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (BFAS). The painting can be yours for $399 - inquiries may come to me.

This is one of the "G" puppies from a litter I met at BFAS last summer. I volunteered to help out with a puppy kindergarten class, and it was a delight.

The philosophy at BFAS is that a well socialized pup with basic manners will settle more happily into a new home and grow into a well adjusted companion. Myself and about 9 others spent an hour with a litter of wee ones, introducing them to a variety of household noises and things like skateboards and vacuum cleaners, while also walking them on leashes, handling mouths and ears and toes, and giving out treats.

A great photo opportunity, to be sure! You can see my reference pic near the bottom. Not the best photograph, but it carried enough information that, when coupled with my visual memory, allowed for me to paint from months later.

You may order notecards of "Itch" here, and once the original sells, I will also offer poster quality reproductions (using this same link). Proceeds from these sales will also go to BFAS.

Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim




Daily Painters Bio

Last summer YOU got me voted into the prestigious Daily Painters group. This is a phenomenal group of artists who create daily like myself - getting to know them, bounce ideas around and pick their brains has been a great experience! I recommend a visit to the site - you're bound to find at least one new favorite!

This week they are featuring myself and Barbara Kacicek on their blog.

I invite you to take a peek and let me know if you learned something new!

And thanks to Micah Condon and the Powers That Be over on the Daily Painters sites for featuring my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment