JEANNE ILLENYE From My Garden "Bonica Rosebud" Oil Painting

"Bonica Rosebud"
5x5 inches / oil on panel

Several years ago we planted a small border of old fashioned roses, one of which is featured here in glowing beauty set against the soft, nearly turqoise blue sky with slight wisps of clouds.  As the photo was taken in mid morning, dewdrops still cling to this delicate beauty.  This particular painting is a very small peek into what's to come this year with my new direction!  Keep watching!

"Rosebud"

It is only a tiny rosebud, a flower of God’s design,
But I cannot unfold the petals with these clumsy hands of mine.

And the secret of unfolding flowers is not known to such as I.
God opens this flower so sweetly, when in my hands it dies.

If I cannot unfold a rosebud, this flower of God’s design,
Then how can I have the wisdom to unfold this life of mine?

So I’ll trust in Him for leading each moment of my day.
I will look to Him for His guidance each step of the pilgrim way.

The pathway that lies before me, only my Heavenly Father knows.
I’ll trust Him to unfold the moments, just as He unfolds the rose.

-- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment