What a Lady ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"What a Lady," image approximately 6" x 8", paper size 8" x 10", a special commission from a group of friends depicting a certain birthday girl's beautiful chestnut mare "Lady." This piece was done in Golden Open Acrylics on multimedia artboard, a fabulous surface that I enjoy using for sketches.

Reproductions and notecards of "What a Lady" can be ordered via my FineArtAmerica storefront.

I offer what I call "Painted Sketches" as a lower cost alternative to my traditional Dog a Day portraits. Painted Sketches are still done in color, with my Golden paints, but they are on paper (acid free, museum quality still - only the best will do in these parts!!) instead of a panel. These can be sized to match your budget (or a standard frame), take less time to prep (and finish!), and are easy to mail - yet they remain just as charming and delightful as the Dog a Day paintings.

So if the cost of a commissioned Dog a Day has been holding you back, ask me about a Painted Sketch. They now start at $49US plus shipping and handling and will get you onto everyone's A List.

Thanks so very much for following along with my artwork!
Kim


Richeson 75: Small Works 2011

I am always delighted when one of my daily pieces makes it into a juried event. It's even better when said event is not animal-centric. And even better when it's an international collection of talent.


Such was the case when "Pup-illion"got juried in this year's Richeson 75: Small Works, an exhibition that highlighted 75 pieces smaller than 144 square inches.

I did the happy dance when learning that this little painting would make the journey to Wisconsin and represent Painting a Dog a Day.

I did cartwheels and handstands when learning that "Pup-illion" won 1st place for Non-Oils.

The awards aren't all up on the site yet, but please take a moment to go visit the fabulous collection of artwork Richeson has collected.

And my warm thanks to all involved who helped make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment