First Mate (Gretta) ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"First Mate (Gretta)", 8" x 10", commissioned portrait of a young Vizsla, done in Golden Open and Heavy Body acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, private collection (thank you!).

There can't be very many Vizsla's named Gretta, and if you think you know this dog - I'm warning you - the painting is a surprise! Let's keep it on the low......

I've been assured that the recipient does not know about my blog or Painting a Dog a Day.

Yet.

Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim

PS Wanna commission your own Dog a Day painting? Then let's talk!

Naughty!

Yesterday DogArtToday and Mutt Lynch Winery announced the rules and theme - "Naughty" - for this year's wine label contest.

Do you suppose that Rusty, bad dog that he was, had anything to do with this?

(For those new to Painting a Dog a Day, after my Grandfather's funeral last May, I collaged a portrait of his favorite dog - also notorious for making trouble - and won last year's wine label contest)

No comments:

Post a Comment