Osprey Pair on a Nest by Paul Wolber


Osprey Pair on a Nest: Birds of Prey
 8" x 10" (20.3 cm x 25.4 cm) original acrylic painting on hand primed board  w/free shipping in US and Canada
To read the whole story or purchase go to my other blog HERE

This painting has been on my list to do for almost a year. We spotted the osprey nest while traveling in north Michigan near Alpena, but I first thought it was an eagle’s nest until we spotted this osprey pair.  It has taken me some time to do the research I wanted to do on this great bird of prey in order to understand it’s anatomy better.

The osprey is a fascinating bird to study and the nest can be a wonder to see especially if you come upon a group of these great nests together. The osprey is sometimes called a “fish hawk” because fish is it’s primary source of food and it’s great to watch these birds dive for their prey. I wasn’t able to get a shot of one diving to catch a fish, but that will be a goal of mine for the future.

© Copyright 2011 by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment