Stallone ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Stallone," from The Gratitude Series, 6" x 8", brindled Great Dane dog portrait, done in Golden Open Acrylics on a Raymar panel, $329. Inquiries may come to me (and thank you!).

As with all the Gratitude paintings, proceeds of the sale of this painting will go to Stallone's host rescue group, Ohio Great Dane Rescue (OGDR).

I participated in a live paint over the weekend at an event benefitting OGDR. I also pledged 10% of all commissions booked as a result of the weekend to OGRD. I have to thank Dog a Day collector Amy Hoban for introducing me to this group and inviting me to be a part of their day. Thanks also go out to Mary Beth and Tom from Orion Healthy Pet for hosting us all!

Early Saturday, shortly after setting up my space, I was slipped a photo of Stallone. I was more than happy to put him front and center on my easel - he was a great muse and everyone really seemed to enjoy seeing his painted mug come alive over the next couple hours.

Thanks to all who came out to say hello on Saturday and share their support. And a special welcome to the new Painting a Dog a Day subscribers and fans, too, whom I had a chance to meet up with.

You can read more about Ohio Great Dane Rescue's mission on their website.

Thanks in advance for sharing my artwork with your friends and family,
Kim

LIVE PAINT !!

All day Saturday I hung out at Orion Healthy Pet with the fine folks from Ohio Great Dane Rescue and a handful of other carefully selected vendors.

Hundreds of families came through too - many with dogs in tow - to take advantage of the BarBQ (yummy!), bake sale, dog adoptions, pet psychic, photographer, K9 Rescue Unit demonstration and dog food representatives.

I set up my easel and enjoyed the crowd, painting first Stallone's portrait (above), and then working on one of my dog Finnigan (on the easel above).

Thanks so much to Orion Healthy Pet for sponsoring their Customer Appreciation Day and raising over $1400 for animal related causes!! and for allowing me to hang with the peeps indoors - my fingers would have froze were I working outside all day!

The staff at Orion Healthy Pet are a phenomenal resource for your pet's dietary needs - call them at 248-690-7796
You'll get to see more of Brisinger, a Scottish Deerhound, as I got an invitation to follow him and his buddies at an upcoming coursing event!

No comments:

Post a Comment