Updo I ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Updo I," painted sketch on multimedia artboard, 7" x 10", part of the Daily Paintworks Weekly Challenge.

I don't know much about chickens, but I love these ones with the extra feathery hats. Someone will clue me in as to what kind they are, won't you please?

And yes, there is an "Updo II" - you'll just have to wait until tomorrow for her.

This delightful painted sketch can be yours for $99 - and if you purchase her, you will get first dibs on tomorrow's lady, who's sporting an equally delightful hat.

Wouldn't she be great in a powder room? Such a fun Mother's Day gift........

Thanks in advance for sharing my artwork with your friends and family,
Kim


The Original Master - or would that be Mistress? - of Chicken Paintings

I first met Alecia Underhill via her equine paintings, as we were both members of the (now defunct) Equine Art Guild. And while our work has hung together in exhibitions, and I even have an Underhill in my own art collection, I have yet to meet Alecia face-to-face.

One of these days I will!

But meanwhile, let me introduce her to you. Everyone, this is Alecia. Alecia, please meet all the Painting a Dog a Day fans.

Alecia paints dogs too, and of course kitties. And all sorts of horses.

But I am especially fond of her chicks.

I bet you will be too!
(I would have included an image of Alecia's artwork with this newsletter, but didn't hear back from her in time to include it. I'm hoping to have something of hers to share with you tomorrow, alongside "Updo II."

No comments:

Post a Comment