Chance, A Painted Sketch ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

Detail of "Chance," image approximately 5" square, on an 8" x 10" piece of Multimedia Artboard, commissioned portrait of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, done in Golden Open Acrylics.

This one isn't for sale (thank you to my newest collector!), but I'll be happy to create something similarly charmed using your pup as my muse.

Oh, and this one is also a Father's Day surprise, so if you know Chance's family, mum's the word.

I've got a couple spots left for Father's Day portraits -shoot me an email if you are interested!

Thanks for sharing my artwork with your friends and family,
Kim

The Post Parade

There's such a huge difference in quality between my photographing a painting and having it scanned directly. When I shared imagery of the latest lesson painting "The Post Parade" last week (Part I and Part II), the jpgs were all from photographs.

Yesterday I was able to get the piece scanned and uploaded to FineArtAmerica (FAA).

You can see the lush brushwork and translucent glazes so much more clearly now. FAA has a great preview option - give it a whirl by just clicking on a section of the painting.


And thanks again.

The Horse In Art

I have three paintings in the invitational exhibition "The Horse in Art," at the Seippel Center for the Arts in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.

The show has been published online, so that we all can enjoy it, regardless of geographic location.

Again, take a peek - there's some fabulous artwork in the show!



No comments:

Post a Comment