Maggie ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Maggie," 10" square, commissioned pet portrait of a Wheaten Terrier, done in Golden Open Acrylics on a Raymar panel, private collection (THANK YOU!).

Maggie's portrait is headed to a wonderful young woman who has recently graduated from college. They grew up together, and while Maggie crossed the bridge a few years back, her presence is still felt to this day.

Here's what her girl has to say:

"My dog gives the best advice: 'Be happy just being yourself.'.... We grew up together, and we changed along with one another.... I started to feel like I didn't fit in - at the same time, Maggie developed some physical problems of her own.... Nevertheless, Maggie was as happy as ever. It was as if she was telling me to accept myself the way I am and to stop depending on others (for approval).

".... Thanks to my dog Maggie, I know that just because I think, act, and feel differently from my peers doesn't mean that I can't be loved for who I am.... Maggie taught me that I am good enough.... I embrace the fact that I am different, and I am happy just the way I am."

I was so honored to paint Maggie's legacy today. She was one very smart dog.

Thanks for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment