Dougall's Stick ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini




"Dougall's Stick," a commissioned painted sketch, paper  12" x 9", image approximately 9" x 5". Done in Golden Open Acrylics on artists' multimedia panel, private collection (THANK YOU!).


Dougall got a rough start to life, but that didn't break his spirit. His Mom says "....he is a giant dog in a little body with an absolute heart of gold."


Yeah, I can see that. Quite clearly.


I bet you can, too!


Have a Dougall of your own? tell me all about him/her! I live for these sorts of stories....


(psst, sketches start at $49 and make great gifts - when was the last time you treated yourself?)


Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family,
Kim


PAINTING WORKSHOP "Mixing Color Not Mud": Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN, for reservations call 248-693-4986


 
 
Sharing the Dog a Day Love
 

You would love my dear friend Dinah. We call her "The Cupcake Fairy," because she leaves a box of scrumptious goodies on our stoop and ding dong ditches us. She is always up to something wonderful that always results in someone feeling extra special.

 
Dinah works at a cafe, and she sold her employer on the idea of raising money for a local rescue group.

 
Last week they began collecting donations for Waggs and Wishes and invited me to hang my artwork on site (proceeds from resulting sales/commissions will be donated too!).
 

They are so pleased with the addition of real artwork that I've been asked to rotate work on a regular basis.

 
I think, though, the root of the change lies in the compassion that is now openly displayed via a wall of "pawprints" with donors' pets' names and stories.
 

Stop by and visit - I'll vouch for Dinah's soup. It's dee-lish.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment