Ginger ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini


 
 
 

"Ginger," a commissioned pet portrait of a boxer, 9" x 18". Done in Golden Open Acrylics on an Ampersand Gessobord, Ginger will be headed to a new home shortly (THANK YOU!).

 
I posted some in process photos on the studio Facebook page if you are interested in seeing Ginger's progression.

 
Before you peek, though, see if you can guess what color the underpainting is......

 
I'll give you a hint - it actually factored in as the third color in my triad of orange, green and [fill in the blank]. Using a triad for the basis of the majority of the paint mixtures allows for a rich and harmonious variety of neutrals (this is something we talk about in my painting workshops! I've got another one scheduled for October......).

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family,
Kim
 
 
JUST ANNOUNCED!!  PAINTING WORKSHOP "Mixing Color Not Mud": Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN, for reservations call 248-693-4986

No comments:

Post a Comment