Bacchus ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini

 
 

"Bacchus," 5" x 7", commissioned portrait of a wonderful hound, done in Golden Open Acrylics on ampersand gessobord.

 
Bacchus and his brother Jell-O (who you'll get to meet tomorrow) were on my easel yesterday (sometimes I am on the ball enough to paint a few pieces ahead!!). 

 
I worked on the two paintings simultaneously, which assured similarities in color and mood so that the paintings, while starring two very different faces, would work well together.

 
In Process pics are on the studio Facebook page inside theMobile Uploads folder.

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family,
Kim
 
 

 

 
In Process

 
Every other day or so, I've begun updating thestudio's Facebook pagewith in process images of paintings on my easel.

 
The photos are shot with my smartphone at various points of progression throughout the day, and uploaded directly to Facebook in live-time without any editing/manipulation.

 
I hope that these images prompt discussion and Q&As that will help to better understand my process and all the work that goes into making the paintings.

 
For what it's worth, this "In Process" bit is meant to supplement the information shared via the Lesson Paintings. So don't worry - Lesson Paintings are not going anywhere!

 
Enjoy!
 
(and thanks for your time and attention!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment