I've Never Seen a Purple Cow ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini

 
I never saw a purple cow.
I never hope to see one.
But I can tell you anyhow
I'd rather see than be one. 
-Gelette Burgess

 

"I Never Saw A Purple Cow," acrylic painting on panel, inspired by a photograph taken by Douglas Nelson (and used with his permission, thank you Doug !!), 6" square, $299 to the first one asking nicely.

 
Actually, I totally want to be the purple cow. Because that cow creates wonder and makes others smile. 

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my artwork,
Kim
 



 
Using Photo References

 
Because the animals I paint rarely hold their poses long enough in the studio and leave a HUGE mess behind, I rely on photographs for the bulk of my work.

 
But that doesn't mean that I copy the photos religiously. Nor does it mean I can't take artistic liberties. I freely move things about, taking the essence of the photograph and turning it into a stronger message.

 
I mean, there's already this way fun photo, so why reproduce it exactly? Why not take it up a level? Or at least try?

 
That's my thinking, at least.

 
REMINDER: Don't use other peeps' pics without permission. That's breaking the law!!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment