Polo's Shiskabob, A Painted Sketch ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini

 

"Polo's Shiskabob," commissioned sketch portrait of a wise Golden Retriever. The image is approzimately 6" x 4" and roughly centered on an 8" x 10" piece of multimedia artists paper, done in Golden Open Acrylics.
 

I love painting older dogs. They know things, have carried this knowledge with them forever it seems, based on the depth in their eyes. Their aura is of polerance. And trust. And quiet adoration.

 
Polo knows you'll toss his toy, just far enough for him to fetch without taxing his old knees too much.

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings,
Kim
 

PAINTING WORKSHOP, October 8th, Lake Orion Michigan, 10am-4pm. Email me for additional information.


A Moment of Silence


On Sunday, friend and fellow artist Ann Garlough passed away. She was an enormous talent, but an even bigger pillar of generousity, willingly sharing her experiences and supporting artists around the globe.
 

Ann was one of a handful of mentors who held my hand when I was just getting started. I was blessed to have earned her friendship in the process.

 
My thoughts and prayers join those of many others as Ann's family and friends celebrate her life.

 
I wish you peace, Ann.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment