Sigh, A Gratitude Painting ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini

 
 
 

"Sigh," from "The Gratitude Series,"** 10" x 6-1/2", portrait of a silvery Great Dane Pup, done in Golden Open Acrylics on a Raymar panel, $449. And since the muse for this painting hailed from Ohio Great Dane Rescue, proceeds from the sale of this painting will benefit them. Inquiries may come to moi.

 
I had an entirely different concept when I set up to paint today. I wanted the pup smaller on the canvas, with her entire body draped sveltly across the painting. But each time I blocked her in, she wanted to be bigger. I'd rub her out and start over, and every time she returned, she was flowing over the edges.

 
So I stopped fighting, and just let her be.
 

This will be another of my entries for this year's Canine Art Guild's "Helping Paws: All Creatures Great and Small" exhibition. This is an online show that supports animal welfare through the artists' philanthropy (each piece's sale benefits a specific animal welfare group) and awards (cash prizes go not to the artist, but to the animal welfare groups).

 
The online show will go live in December, but meanwhile I am getting my entries ready. I'm looking for one more muse; they have to be a rescued pet hailing from a 501c rescue group that is still functioning. You may email non-flash photos to me for consideration - and THANK YOU!!

 
Meanwhile, don't forget - grownUPs Journalling class tonite at Little Monsters in downtown Lake Orion, 6-8pm.

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my artwork,
Kim

 
PS In-process shots of "Sigh" are on the studio's Facebook page.

 
**"The Gratitude Series" of paintings stars rescued animals who have found new homes. Proceeds from the sale of these paintings (including reproductions) are earmarked to support the groups that gave the animals a second - sometimes a third - chance at life.
 
 


In Memory of K9 Cade

 
Last summer, Burton (Michigan) police dogCade was killed in an accident. In his memory, multiple groups in this community have rallied together, hosting a fundraiser tomorrow evening.
 

Their goal? To raise $10,000 through the sale of sloppy joes and raffle tickets - just enough money to bring a new police dog to town.

 
I am proud to support this effort (my sister-in-law works for one of the organizations involved) by donating a Painting a Dog a Day gift certificate valued at $250.

 
If you are in the Flint area, you are invited tostop by and help a community help itself.

 
Thanks so much!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment