Penny Peach ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini

 

"Penny Peach," 8" x 12", portrait of a rescued terrier mix, done in acrylic on panel. I believe this painting is spoken for, but if you would like dibs or something similar, please email me.

 
You saw the beginnings of her furry little face yesterday, and I raced into the studio to finish up today. You can see in process photos of Penny's portrait via updates on the studio Facebook page.

 
Penny's is the latest to join my Gratitude Project, where I'm painting rescued animals and highlighting the joy and love they are so eager to give.

 
The Santa Cruz SPCA in California, the shelter that matched Penny to her current family, will receive a nice donation when this painting sells.

 
Do you know of a Gratitude muse? Send non-flash pics my way, and they just might end up in a painting!!

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my artwork,
Kim
 


 
The Happiness Project
 

I am just starting to read this book after hearing marvelous things from a couple friends.

 
I asked yesterday if anyone had read it, and got some remarkable responses.

 
One reader theorized that Painting a Dog a Day WAS my own Happiness Project (thanks FS!!).

 
I think she's right!!

 
I'd love to hear more about your experiences or thoughts on this book and the idea that we can create greater happiness in our lives.

 
Thanks for sharing!

 
PS Mona's happiness evolves around a warm napping spot and a full food dish. She's got it beautifully pared down to the basics!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment