JEANNE ILLENYE vintage antique gold fob watch blue teal leather book gilt tooling little gems oil painting

4x4 inches oil on panel
jeanneillenye@sbcglobal.net
 
This is my third painting of this subject, my grandfather’s gold fob watch. Each version has been uniquely different, this being my favorite thus far. As it was painted on a smooth panel versus canvas, I was afforded the opportunity to incorporate more detail than done previously. Features of particular interest to me were the sun touched gilding on the blue leather book and the reflected highlights and shadows just beneath the glass lens. During the various stages of refinement within the details of the watch face, I found a tremendous respect for those artisans who actually hand paint clocks and watches. Such a daunting task, but perhaps I’ve achieved a respectable amount of detail to be worthy of your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment