JEANNE ILLENYE little gems oil painting nest eggs 6x6

 
Fluffy Little Bird's Nest with Eggs
6x6 inches oil on panel
 
This tiny little bird’s nest is actually painted life size, the subject being one which we had rescued from the ravages of Winter. For this painting however, I chose to add several eggs to symbolize the rebirth of Spring as it abounds just outside my studio windows; perhaps even the former occupants are contributing to the chorus I hear now. Having included birds and bird’s nests in many of my larger paintings, I chose to focus all my attention on this delicate little gem with its particular abundance of fluff. One cannot look at these tiny creations without marveling at their structure and pondering how we humans are not the only artists roaming this earth.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment