JEANNE ILLENYE CUSTOM PET PORTRAITS FOR CHRISTMAS!! THERE'S STILL TIME!


Max and Simba
"Best Friends"
20x16 inches / oil on canvas
CLICK IMAGE TO VIEW FULL SIZE
SOLD
I must admit, every time I create a new painting it seems to be my "new" favorite and this is no exception.  Not only are Max and Simba sitting perfectly together for a wonderful composition, but they are particularly dramatic with the lighting and the fact that this painting features them lifesized!  I'm still surprised as I study this portrait on my easel.  I'd only painted one other lifesized which was a gorgeous white Poodle named Leo, at the shore (see older posts).  This was a last minute request from a client for a Christmas gift which gave me only a few days to paint it!  Being that I normally paint in thin glazes and the fact that this palette is predominantly earth tones which cover well and dry extremely quickly, I knew I could do it with such a stringent timeframe.  I think I only have two more pet portraits to complete before year end!  Coming next are Leslie's Jilly and Tucker in her beautiful French Shop in Colonial Williamsburg, then white, fluffy Daisy! :o)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment