Raven, Painted Sketch ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Raven," image approximately 5" tall on an 8" x 10" piece of multimedia artboard. Commissioned painted sketch, done in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord, starring a black Cocker Spaniel. This one is sold, but I'll be happy to paint others - inquiries may come to me.

Every couple of weeks I set up a stack of multimedia artboards, lay out my paints, and make a pile of sketches. Usually they are for my own enjoyment, but this week the sketches were for clients.

Tomorrow nearly 30 of my paintings will be delivered to a venue on the east side of the state. I'm filling the Shelby Community Center with a retrospect of sorts - paintings created during the past few years, including some larger than life sized canvases that haven't been exhibited in several years. It promises to be a fun installation!

Ok, back to the paint!

Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my artwork with your friends and family -
Kim


Art Show at the Dog Show

The results are up, along with all of the artwork. If you are a fan of canine art, you will not want to miss taking a peek at this year's 25th Annual Art Show at the Dog Show.

Congratulations to all the artists who entered - it is always an honor to see my work among some of my favorite peers and mentors.

And a special shout out to Susan Grinels who received Best of Show with her FABULOUS pastel "Ms Macy."

Enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment