A Dog Named Nascar ~~ Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


"Nascar," 6" x 6", commissioned portrait of a black lab mix, done in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord. While Nascar's painting is headed to a new home (THANK YOU!!), I would be more than happy to create a portrait of your special companion animal - shoot me an email so that we can begin discussing your project.

This is one of two portraits Nascar's family will be taking home with them. And I get the added delight of delivering them in person - especially sweet since her family is visiting Michigan from California this week.

Tomorrow I'll share her second painting, "The Morning News."

Meanwhile, I could squeeze in a sketch or portrait prior to Mother's Day, if you are looking for that extra amazing gift. Email me.

Thanks in advance for sharing my artwork with your friends and family,
Kim


A "Mini Minni" Update
Warm thanks to everyone who took the time to weigh in with their opinion on how Minni's portrait could be improved.

After much deliberation (and some time in photoshop), I opted to remove the pink halo. As much as I loved the color, I found it to be a distracting element.

"Mini Minni" is now off to be framed, after which she will be subjected to yet another opinion (ie a juried exhibition).


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment