JEANNE ILLENYE Teacups & Silver Spoons

"Delightful Anticipation"
20x16 inches / oil on panel

This painting will be available in the upcoming "Let 'em Eat Cake" exhibit at Crooked Tree Gallery.  At first I thought to paint the expected subject, cake or cookies, etc.   Then I thought to paint my kitty when she tippy toed across the buffet table, navigating through the crystal and silverware to sample one of my homemade cakes. (See the bottom on my pets blog.)   However, that was too personal as I'd never want to part with it, so I finally landed on the idea to paint some of my favorite things.  I especially enjoyed painting the antique sterling spoons featuring  Orange Blossom and Bridal Rose with all their lovely reflections including my red dining room.  The cakestand is an old favorite in the Moon and Stars pattern.  Most of my teacups feature flowers...no big surprise to those of you who follow my work!   :o)
Kindly direct purchase inquiries to gail@crookedtree.org


No comments:

Post a Comment