Dragon Slayers II, A Lesson Painting, Part II ~~ by Kimberly Kelly Santini

If you are joining us in progress, here's yesterday's post to get you up to speed.
 

And what I should have done yesterday which I totally neglected to do was give a shout out of tremendous thanks to fellow artist and friend Julie Bender for sharing her Vizsla puppies with us. Please forgive me, Julie!

 
 

You'll see that the changes in today's steps are a little less dramatic - that's because I am making smaller marks and adjustments, given the bulk of the work has already been done. I'm also using glazes (layers of translucent paint) to soften or brighten my values and edges. Oddly enough, though, this stage involves more care and consideration, and thusly more time, than what I established yesterday.

 
 

I love the final, final bits, when I get to add dashes of unexpected color here and there. And suggest a few whiskers. This is it, all done!

 
 

Detail of "Dragon Slayers II," 10" square, Golden Open Acrylics on a Raymar panel, the second painting in my series of ever-so-brave Dragon Slayers. This painting is $489 - inquiries may come to me.

 
Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my paintings with your friends and family.

 
Enjoy the weekend!!
Kim

 
 
COMING UP ~~ PAINTING WORKSHOP "Mixing Color Not Mud": Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN. Email me to get on the early bird list.


 

Lesson Paintings
 

 
Check it out - it's an illustrated index to this year's lesson paintings, a page I've just added to the studio website!

 
What? you didn't know about the studio website?

 
Well shame on me for not publicizing it better!!

 
(I've actually got 2 websites!!)

 
TurtledoveDesigns is the studio site, with information on classes, exhibitions - nowlesson paintings - and that sort of stuff.

 
PaintingADogADay is dedicated to all things related to my daily pet portraits - the paintings and any other peripheral info.

 
Wanna go really crazy? come fan the studio on Facebook and get in process pics, studio tips, suggested reading and all sorts of other goodies.

 
Ok, now that you've got the info - feel free to shout it from the mountaintops.

 
Or at least tell a friend or two!!

 
THANKS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment