Lady in Blue ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini




"Lady in Blue," 8" square, portrait of a chocolate lab. This one is done in Golden Open Acrylics on an Ampersand Gessobord. It's available for $399  to the first one asking nicely - inquiries may come to me.


This is a rework of a sketch I did last year in preparation for a larger portrait (I've inserted a jpg of the original sketch below). I worked up a couple of options, and my client chose a composition different than this one (you can see the finished piece here). 


I always liked the divan and the dog's glorious sense of relaxation, though, and decided today to go back into the sketch and finish it up.


It makes my spine all tingley, looking at it, and imagining how relaxed the dog is. That's how I know that this painting is done. The original sketch didn't have quite the same feel.


Thanks, as always, for looking at and sharing my artwork with your friends and family,
Kim



COMING UP ~~ PAINTING WORKSHOP "Mixing Color Not Mud": Saturday, October 8th, at the Orion Art Center in Lake Orion MICHIGAN. Email me to get on the early bird list.




No comments:

Post a Comment