Whimsical Bird Paintings


Delilah Smith
Art by Delilah
First Flight
First Flight, painting by Delilah Smith
First Flight
7x5
oil painting
About This Painting:
First Flight
7x5 oil on canvas mounted on a museum quality panel ready to be framed.

Media: oil painting
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $100 USD
How to Purchase:
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

About this painting: I painted at the sponge docks today in Tarpon Springs. My painting was was messy, to juicy for my taste. I have put it up to dry and will try again tomorrow. So I came home and calmed my jagged nerves with an apple tinni and painted whimsical chubby birds.

Every painting is not a winner . Plein air painting is always difficult.People coming bye and make comments. Then there is the  wind, sun, rain, just stuff in general.

To add the cherry on my painting day, I left the light on the car on. So my battery was dead as a door nail when I decided to leave the docks and go down town for more inspiration. I had hoped to paint 2 paintings each day of the paint out but I am now one behind. I am painting 8x10 and I will post all ( even the really bad ones )as soon as I am finished.

A few pictures of the sponge docks;





I think I may have painted the boat to large. I will try again tomorrow. There are 2 more days left for the paint out.

"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment