Setter, A Painted Sketch ~~ Kimberly Kelly Santini

 
 

At the risk of spoiling someone's Christmas, I am refraining from sharing the title of this painting. But as you can see, it is a wonderfully sweet Gordon Setter, sized approximately 4-1/2" high, roughly centered on an 8 x 10 sheet of multimedia artboard.

 
This is one of many sketches I worked on today (you can see more on the studio Facebook page), each of them a commissioned piece of one kind or another.

 
Tomorrow, it's a double portrait sketch - and a couple other holiday gifts that are patiently waiting their turn on the easel. And a trip to the framer, and another run to the post office, and perhaps I'll treat myself to a latte, too, while I'm out.

 
Thank you so much for supporting my artwork and providing my livelihood,
Kim
 
 
 


 
Have a Horse Lover on Your List?

 
New York artist Juliet Harrison is a fabulously talented old school black and white photographer. Her silver gelatin prints are scattered throughout my home, a treasured part of our art collection.

 
And she's published a number of books featuring her photography. 

 
Of course, I'm a little partial to this one (Track Life), only because my annual summer trip to Saratoga (Race Course) includes Juliet, and I have the pleasure of standing beside her, looking through my own lens, trying to learn how she works her magic.

 
Equiscapes is her newest book, and one I promise will deliver equal doses of magic and awe.

 
Any of her titles would make for a fabulous holiday gift. I'm just sayin'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment